Tory Lanez Net Worth and Key Lessons from His Career
In this article we will reveal Tory Lanez net worth; we will also talk about his career and key takeaways we can learn from his path to success.
Who is Tory Lanez?
Daystar Shemuel Shua Peterson, better known as Tory Lanez, is a Canadian rapper, singer and record producer.
He was born on July 27, 1992 in Brampton, Ontario. His family was based in Montreal before ultimately settling in Florida.
The sudden death of Tory’s mother greatly affected him. After a few years he was sent back to Canada to live with his grandmother.
What never changed about Tory, though, was his love for music. At age 15, he moved out and focused on his music career.
Tory kickstarted his career in 2009 when he released his mixtape “T.L 2 T.O.”
Ever since, things have only got better for him, and by 2014, he achieved the rap star status.
Tory Lanez Net Worth in 2022
Tory Lanez net worth is estimated to be $4 million, as of 2022.
He earns an income that places him among the top earners among Canadian rappers and composers.
Thanks to activities like record sales, live streaming, and concerts, he’s amassed a sizeable fortune doing what he loves.
According to various sources, Tory Lanez charges between $50,000 and $75,000 for a show.
The rapper also generates revenue through his commercial appearances and his YouTube channel, where his videos consistently garner millions of views.
Additionally, in 2014, he started a music label called One Umbrella.
Recommended read: Trick Daddy’s Net Worth in 2022
Tory Lanez Path to Success
According to Allmusic, Tory was known underground well before his 20th birthday, and was supported early on by Sean Kingston – who had spotted him on YouTube.
However, his career started to take off in 2014, when he was featured on “Me & My B!tch“, a track by YG.
Among his own songs that circulated the same year was “The Mission,” that, according to Allmusic, was his first cut to hit Billboard’s Twitter Emerging Artists chart.
Tory made the jump in 2015 by signing with major labels like Mad Love Records and Interscope Records. Afterward, he released “Say It“, the first song off his debut album “I Told You“.
The music video of “Say It” has over 287 million views on YouTube, as of September 2022, and the track itself has been certified platinum. All three of his labels’ album releases have been smash hits.
Later in 2015, Tory released two mixtapes: “Chixtape 3” and “The New Toronto“.
After parting ways with Interscope, he released his fifth studio album, “Daystar“, in 2020, which reached number ten on the Billboard 200.
Tory Lanez on Social Media
On Instagram, the account @torylanez has 11.7 million followers.
On the platform, the rapper posts reels a bit about everything.
On Twitter, the rapper has 2.2 million followers.
On the social he mainly posts update about his music career.
Key Lessons from Tory Lanez Career
Focus on Your Strengths
By honing in on his strength—creating catchy melodies for other musicians to use in their own work—Tory was able to gain widespread recognition and a devoted fan base.
When Tory Lanez first began making music, he did it in a basement with simple equipment; this went on for a year. He started with what he had and did what he could.
Recommended read: Struggle Jennings Net Worth and How He Built His Fortune
Thanks to his networking efforts, Tory Lanez was able to connect with big names like Sean Kingston, Justin Beiber, Nima (CEO of pink dolphin), PlayPicasso (his producer), and many more.
Tory claims that faking it when he first began releasing songs and music videos on World star hip hop and building a devoted fan base made him miss out on many opportunities.
Explore Uncharted Territory
By diversifying artistically, Tory Lanez was able to attract a wide audience, expand the scope of his discography, and collaborate with artists he never would have been able to, had he stuck to a single musical style.
Recommended read: Jeezy Net Worth and How He Achieved It
- “I love 50 Cent. I know it sounds weird ’cause a lot of kids might not say that right now, but I definitely want to work with 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Coldplay: I want to work with different artists that are going to push my music to a new level. Not just in urban music.”
- “God put me on this earth to bring souls back to the Kingdom of God. You don’t need to pray ten times a day – you just need hope. My music is going to stop war; it’s the healing music. I see myself in Brazil, in Syria, in Darfur, and places where they really need hope.”
- “The reason why I called it ‘I Told You’ is because I wanted to show people that I have been doubted, and I have been in the face of adversity. Coming out of that situation, this is my ‘I told you’ moment.”
- “For me personally, my favorite part of performing is just going in the crowd and doing crazy things that they never expected to see. Challenging myself to do new things that I never expected to do. That’s the biggest thing for me.”
- “If you try to be better every day, more miracles happen in your life.”
Recommended read: Fat Joe Net Worth and How He Built His Fortune
Featured image: Wikimedia Commons – EuroFan88