If you’re wondering how much is Soulja Boy net worth, this post is for you. In particular, we are going to talk about his career, how he built his fortune, and key lessons from his success.
Who Is Soulja Boy
DeAndre Cortez Way, professionally known as Soulja Boy, is an American rapper and music producer.
He gained notoriety after his independently released debut single, “Crank That (Soulja Boy),” which spent seven nonconsecutive weeks at the top of the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in 2007.
The single “Soulja Girl” was included on his subsequent debut album Souljaboytellem.com, which was published in 2007.
Everything started when Way’s father built a recording studio in their house so that his son could practice making music. The rapper started to make music and upload it on the website SoundClick in November 2005. He also created accounts on YouTube and MySpace where his music received favorable feedback.
The songs “Turn My Swag On” and “Kiss Me Through the Phone” from his second album, iSouljaBoyTellem (2008), were among the top 20 singles in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
|Full name:||DeAndre Cortez Way|
|Known As:||Soulja Boy|
|Profession:||Rapper, music producer|
|Net Worth:||$30 million|
Soulja Boy Net Worth and How He Achieved It
Soulja Boy net worth is $30 million, as of 2023. He amassed this fortune by rapping and producing music.
The rapper made almost $7 million in 2012 alone, which was enough to place him among the year’s Hip Hop Cash Kings.
The rapper lives in Agoura Hills, just outside of Los Angeles. Before, he owned a house in McDonough, a suburb of Atlanta. Georgia. In 2010, he sold that property.
In 2004, while Soulja Boy was contracted to Interscope and Collipark Music, he established his record label, Stacks on Deck Entertainment (SODMG).
He signed a variety of artists after starting the business. Soulja Boy declared on May 30, 2016, that all SODMG artists had been dropped.
In 2019, Soulja Boy re-signed Lil 100 and signed the Atlanta rapper 24hrs.
Soulja also had worked as an actor, and that has been an additional factor that contributed to his net worth. Below are two lists of movies and TV shows where he has appeared.
- YouTube Live
- What’s at Stake
- School Gyrls
- Malice N Wonderland
- Soulja Boy: The Movie
- Officer Down
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show
- Last Call with Carson Daly
- Live With Regis
- My Super Sweet 16
- When I Was 17
Soulja Boy on Social Media
On Instagram, Soulja Boy has 7.1 Million followers and he usually posts videos of himself showing off his house, cars, etc.
On Twitter, Soulja Boy has 5.5 Million followers and he usually posts pictures of himself, and videos of his songs and appearances in tv shows and podcasts.
Soulja Boy Quotes
- “When I was in Japan on tour in 2010, I felt like I was 30 years into the future. I love technology and they are so advanced with their phones, computers, everything. I think they had the iPhone way before we did in the U.S. I love gadgets, games, social media and I try to stay ahead on all that stuff, but they get it all first.”
- “It was, like, two mobile games I released. They did pretty well, and after I made those two games, I was like, ‘Man, I want to make another game, but I want to make this game for PlayStation and Xbox and PC.’ I was like, ‘You know what? Forget making the video game for Xbox, PlayStation and PC. How about I make my own console?’”
- “From the first time that I went over to China, I think I was around the age of 17, 18, and just going there and seeing that their technology being years ahead of ours in America, it sparked something with me back then.”
Source: Brainy Quote
Key Lessons from Soulja Boy Career
Go beyond your limits
Soulja Boy has pursued other endeavors in addition to being an incredible rapper and working with other artists, which helped him build his wealth.
What we can learn from this is that no matter how talented you are, you can always discover some other inner talents in yourself. All you have to do is try new things and learn new skills. Just be curious and never stop learning.
Soulja Boy had a massive hit with his first single “Crank That” and it inspired a dance craze around the US. This shows us what can happen when we are original and find that one thing that inspires people.
Create a strong online presence
Soulja Boy became interested in rap at the young age of 14 and his dad created a home studio so he could record some songs. Immediately Soulja Boy posted his music on SoundClick and he got positive reviews. He then opened his channels on YouTube and MySpace.
Soulja Boy understood very soon that creating an online presence is key if you want to reach your audience.
How did Soulja Boy make his money?
Soulja Boy built his wealth mainly thanks to his first album SouljaBoyTellEm, which sold more than 1 million copies, and by producing music for more than a decade.
Is Soulja Boy a billionaire?
No, Soulja Boy is not a billionaire, at least not yet. As we mentioned before, he has a net worth of $30 million, as of 2023.
- Bad Bunny Net Worth and How He Built His Empire
- Drake Net Worth and How He Built His Empire
- Crunchy Black Net Worth & How He Built His Fortune
- Sukihana Net Worth & How She Built Her Empire