In this article we’ll talk about Joe Keery net worth, how he built his fortune, and key lessons from his career and path to success.
Who Is Joe Keery
Joseph David Keery is an American musician and actor. He was born April 24, 1992 in Newburyport, Massachusetts. His most well-known roles are those in the comedy movie Free Guy and the science fiction series Stranger Things, where he plays the character of Steve Harrington.
Keery releases music as Djo and performs under that name as well. He once belonged to the psychedelic rock band Post Animal. His father is an architect, while his mother teaches English.
Growing up in Newburyport, Keery attended River Valley Charter School, a local Montessori elementary and middle school, before continuing his studies at Newburyport High School.
Joe Keery has been dating the American actress Maika Monroe since 2017. It seems they have a long-term relationship, as, also according to People, the couple has made several public appearances together at major events through the years.
Joe Keery Net Worth and How He Achieved It
Joe Keery net worth is $4 Million, as of 2023. He amassed his fortune mainly working as an actor and as a musician.
In the well-known “Stranger Things” Netflix science fiction series, he is best known for playing one of the series’ main protagonists.
Joe Keery also performs with the group Post Animal. The group’s first studio album, When I Think of You in a Castle, was published in 2018. The group formed in 2014 and they released “Forward Motion Godyssey” in 2020.
Keery started attending commercial, small-screen, and television auditions after completing his undergraduate studies at DePaul. He also worked as a waiter throughout this time.
Additionally to having cameo roles in “Empire” and “Chicago Fire,” he has been in Domino’s and KFC commercials. Stephen Cone’s independent film “Henry Gamble’s Birthday Party,” which was released in 2015, gave him his first leading role.
More about his career
Keery continued to play various parts in movies and television shows while he was on “Stranger Things.” He appeared in “The Charnel House” in 2016, and then “Molly’s Game” in 2017.
In 2018, he had roles in “Slice” and “After Everything.” The following year, he was featured in the short film “How to Be Alone” and was cast in a recurring role on “No Activity.”
In 2020, he played Kurt Kunkle in “Spree” and also starred in “Death to 2020.” Most recently, he played the part of a game developer in the 2021 action comedy movie “Free Guy” which broke box office records.
As per his Stranger Things income, during the first season, each kid actor received a $10,000 episode salary. That came to a total of $80,000 for the season. For the second season, their remuneration was raised to $30,000 per episode, or roughly $270,000 overall.
Starting with the third season, each of the lead kid actors will start collecting $250,000 every episode, or about $2 million per season.
Joe Keery Quotes
- “When I used to live in Chicago – went to school there for four years and lived there for two years after – the whole time, I worked at this restaurant called DMK, and people would come in, and I would wait on their tables, and they would say, ‘Oh my gosh, man. You look like the dude from ‘Parks and Rec.’ You look like Jean-Ralphio.”
- “I had friends – and I had situations – where you spend so much time hanging out with your girlfriend that you lose touch with other people. You only really have this one person – and when that person starts to let go, you almost feel like you need to clamp on even harder, you know?”
- “To put it simply, people who are strangers to me will come up and say, ‘Are you that guy from that show?’ I’ll be like, ‘Yeah,’ and they’ll say, ‘Oh, nice job.’ And really, for the most part, it’s people showing appreciation for the work you’ve done.”
Source: Brainy Quote
Key Takeaways from Joe Keery Career
Don’t limit your talent
Joe has pursued other activities besides being an actor, he has also shown that he is a very talented musician.
This shows us that no one should limit their own talent. Instead, we should all learn to seek and form connections that will enable us to go learn and grow.
Joe, as several other actors and musicians, has worked in other things before he was given his big chance. For example, he worked as a waiter.
What we can learn from this is that being patient and consistent is key to success. We have to stay focused, even if things seem difficult, be patient, our chance will arrive sooner or later.
Use appreciation as fuel and stay motivated
Joe has quoted that it feels really good when he gets recognized for the good job done.
What we can learn here is that, if you do a good job, people will appreciate it and will let you know. Let this serve as fuel to keep working as hard as we can.
- Millie Bobby Brown Net Worth and How She Built Her Fortune
- Noah Schnapp Net Worth and How He Built His Fortune
- Sadie Sink Net Worth and How She Built Her Wealth
- Tom Welling Net Worth and How He Built His Wealth
Photo: Gage Skidmore from Peoria, AZ, United States of America, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons