In this article we will talk about how to make $2,000 fast and the best ways to do it.
Last month, I saw my neighbor selling off her MacBook.
Now, this is a woman with a highly successful career. But here she was, selling off her precious Mac. The whole incident got me thinking—
What would I do if desperately needed $2,000 quickly?
I began researching the problem. A few weeks’ work gave me some perspective.
Turns out, there’s no dearth of options to make money.
You have quick and easy ways that produce results even in just two days. And there are other options that are a bit more time-consuming, but more rewarding.
Let’s discuss these in detail.
How To Make $2,000 Fast
Sometimes, we end up into tough situations.
Emergencies like accidents, layoffs and sickness strike indiscriminately and without warning.
Things get very difficult if you don’t have a tight handle on your finances. Combined with the way inflation is rising these days, financial trouble is a growing trend.
So what can you do?
Here are some ideas to raise a large sum in a short period of time:
- Sell redundant electronics online. We rack up piles of electronics throughout our lives. Everybody has spare mobiles, headphones, and laptops lying around. You can sell these off for good money. That’s what my neighbor did. You have various options to choose from. eBay, Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist are some popular examples. All these expose you to buyers within a certain radius of your location.
- Sell off your collectibles. You might have a Pokémon card or an action figure collection. Maybe there’s an old a comic book collection in your basement. If this is true, you might be sitting on a gold mine. Depending on the rarity, you can sell off this stuff to collectors. You can earn a good sum by selling full sets. And particularly rare items sell at ridiculous prices (we’re talking about items worth $8000 or more!)
- Pawn off your valuables. You can consider taking a loan against your jewelry and valuables at a pawnshop. These places generally offer instant loans. The downside is their high interest rates. You should go for this option only if you’re desperate and need some cash immediately.
- Use Freecash.com.
As with any get-rich-quick scheme, the ideas I listed above are rife with disadvantages. You’re either giving up something precious, depending on uncertainties, or you’re taking debt.
All these outcomes are demeaning, and none is conducive to long-term growth.
This is why one needs to create good systems of work.
Try to set up multiple income streams. Work on improving these, and on increasing your earning potential.
This creates a safety net around your finances. It lets you stand on your own feet, even in strife.
Let’s discuss some ways of raising $2,000 in two months or less.
The world of creative writing offers exciting possibilities for passionate writers.
The worldwide proliferation of technology makes this decade a great time to earn money with your writing.
Whether your forte is fiction or non-fiction, the internet has a way for you to monetize your art.
You might enjoy reading, and have a knack for summarizing books. Or maybe you can explain complex science problems in a manner accessible to all.
Regardless of your talent, blogging is an awesome way of sharing your opinions and knowledge with the world. It’s also a quick and easy method to make money.
The key to create a high-earning blog is finding the right niche and the right keywords.
Once you’re at this point, consistently creating quality content becomes second-nature.
The only thing remaining is for you to find the perfect stage.
You can start your own blog. If you want to learn everything about creating a six-figure website and earn passive income every month, you should try this course:
However, if you prefer to create content directly on a writing platform, my top two favorite ones are Medium and Writerbay.
Medium is a growing knowledge-sharing platform that attracts writers and businesses from all over the world.
Above all else, Medium promotes nuanced writing and original thought. You can write about a myriad ideas ranging from lifestyle, to relationships, to career advice, and everything in between.
Their terms of service prohibit advertising, which adds a level of authenticity to Medium blogs.
The way writers earn money is through the Medium Writer Program. This calculates a payout based on the amount of time paid members spend reading your work.
Top writers make anywhere between $1,000 to $3,000 per month here. Some top writers earn even more than that.
Something great about Medium is you keep earning royalties for weeks, months and years after publishing a story.
Writerbay is much more formal than Medium. It’s a freelance writing company where you need to clear a basic test. Once you’re approved, available jobs become visible.
You can then begin bidding for the opportunities for which you think your skills are a good fit. The site lets you work on your own schedule, from the comfort of your home.
And the best part is that Writerbay lets you work directly with clients. You can build your network and make money here. The best writers earn about $3000 per month, on average.
If your dream is to publish a novel someday, you can start with short stories. It’s a great way to get a feel for developing character arcs and setting plots.
In the past, fiction writers faced tremendous difficulty in making money from their writing.
Large publishers wouldn’t deign to interview new writers. This left self-publishing as your only recourse. And even then, you had to face extreme competition.
Today, things are changing for the better.
Over this last decade, podcasts and online magazines rose to the fore of popular media. Today, there exist entire platforms dedicated to fiction.
Joining one of these is a quick and easy way to start a side-hustle —
- Clarkesworld magazine caters to fantasy and science-fiction. It’s an internationally acclaimed, award-winning publication. You can sell short stories, essays, art and interviews. Pay-rates vary according to the type of submission. For example, they pay $0.12 per word for original fiction, and $0.10 per word for non-fiction.
- EscapeArtists is a medley of several podcasts. Each focuses on a specific genre. You can sell horror, sci-fi, fantasy and a broad spectrum YA fiction here. As a conglomerate, their pay-rates are obviously variable. On average, you can earn $0.08 to $0.10 per word.
- Galaxy’s Edge Magazine is another great option for new writers. It is dedicated to sci-fi, and pays $0.07 per word. Founded by Mike Resnick, this magazine shows a particular interest towards fresh talent. Sponsoring the Mike Resnick Memorial Award lets them encourage unpublished authors. For me, this enthusiasm to give people a chance sets Galaxy’s Edge apart.
All of these platforms welcome submissions from all over the world. Selling to multiple vendors, you can make $2000 in weeks.
Selling your art, skills, or services online
Gumroad is a great platform to build a digital business.
You can sell art, books, memberships, technical courses and digital products like photoshop brushes. There’s no sign-up or maintenance fees.
You can easily redirect traffic from your social media to your Gumroad profile, and generate sales. This is a great way to set up passive income streams.
All of these platforms allow you to build a portfolio and connect with your clients.
Your payouts will depend on your level of experience and quality of work. Lucrative opportunities are:
- Virtual assistant: $25/hr on average
- Content writer: $30–40/hr
- Proofreader: $20-30/hr
- Data Analysts and Engineers: $50–60/hr on average
VIPKID is an online platform where you can give classes at your own schedule. Each class takes 25 minutes, and you’re paid $7 per class. With incentives, you payout goes up to $14 per class. This means you can earn $2000+ in a month by taking just 10 classes per day.
Another great platform is Skillshare. Here you can publish your own online courses on virtually any topic, and make good money.
Make Money by Meeting This Key Criterion
You must aim to be in the top 5% in your chosen field.
This is the secret to earning big with an online business. When you’re in the top echelons, you get to set the terms.
- You can decide the payrates,
- choose the right clients, and
- work at your own schedule.
That’s why it’s worth it to upskill yourself, and build a personal brand.
When you put in massive action, your goals become achievable.
This brings us to the end of our article on how to make $2,000 fast.
We discussed the easy options, as well as slower, more difficult (and more effective) methods.
We also saw how the easy ways out come with hidden costs. And finally, we discussed why you should focus on taking the long-term approach.
I hope this article will be useful to you.
Let me know in the comments what your favorite way of earning $2,000 is.
- How to Make $200 a Day: 8 Proven Ways
- How to Make $300 Fast: 18 Smart Tips
- How to Really Make $5,000 a Month from Home