Stepping into the world of five-figure monthly earnings can feel impossible. But, believe it or not, the goal of making $10K per month is well within your reach.
Especially if you combine hard work with a good strategy.
There’s a beginning to everything, and taking the first step is crucial to move toward this goal. You just need to decide in which directon you want to go.
How to Make 10k Dollars a Month: 6 Strategies That Work
In the below section we will examine the best strategies to effectively upgrade your monthly income.
1. Start a Blog
Blogging has been a prevalent form of income for many people, and for a long time.
Students, freshers, and even mid-career professionals start blogging to increase their earnings.
I have also seen some retired professionals, too, taking up blogging as an additional income source.
What do you need to make a solid income from blogging?
Making your first stable blogging income requires you to work hard, devoting at least 10–15 hours a week to your website.
Your content needs to be valuable to the readers and authentic.
There’s a lot of information floating around the internet, and offering your readers excellent, useful content that stands out from the competition is essential.
A year of hard work can get you your first $1,000 per month.
Once you achieve this milestone, moving to $10k a month is comparatively easier and much quicker.
Keep the effort rather than take it lightly when you hit that first milestone.
Once your blog expands, you can hire other writers and designers to contribute to your blog and reach a wider audience.
Recommended read: How to Start a Blog That Makes $6,957/Month: My Proven Method
2. Start Freelancing
Freelancing is like running an individual small business.
Having a premium skill you can earn from or upskilling yourself to that level is the first step toward building a stable and solid earning path.
Freelancing has gained predominance over the past few years, and some of the highest demanding freelance roles in the current market include:
- Content Creation
- Graphic Designing
- Web Development and Designing
- Academic Writing
- Social Media Management
- Office Assistant
- Digital Marketing
Landing your first client will be difficult, but things will improve once you land the first ones and earn trust.
You should continue marketing yourself, even if you have enough clients.
Back in July, I made this mistake. I was so occupied with client work that I stopped reaching out to new prospects.
Suddenly, one of the clients reduced the project load, thus reducing 60% of my total income.
Since then, I have emphasized that marketing is a life-long process. Once your freelance business takes off and you’re working hard to leverage it, money will follow.
You can hire individuals to outsource, and this way, start shaping an agency of your own. With the right skills and services and amazing clients, earning $10k a month will be a matter of time.
3. Create an Online Course
Sharing your knowledge and experience with others and helping them make money might be one of your best professional decisions.
Making money by helping people: is it even possible? Oh, yes.
People are always looking for knowledge and helpful resources that assist them in smoothening their journeys. There are many platforms that allow you to create and sell online courses. Some famous names are:
- Teachable (one of the best and most reliable platforms to sell your online course)
You can ignore the idea thinking it won’t work for you because you aren’t a well-known face. Well, that’s only sometimes the case.
One of my Computer teachers earned around $200k by selling his web development course on Udemy. These popular sites have a huge audience from across the globe looking to gather knowledge.
It can be a great source of passive income, and once your course starts gaining popularity, there’ll be no looking back.
4. Create an E-commerce Store
The popularity of online shopping and e-commerce shops is known to all. The sales keep going up the ladder, with online sellers benefiting tremendously.
Starting your eCommerce store is an excellent idea for making 10k dollars a month.
What are some of the best ideas to sell online in your store?
- Your Goods: In the marketplace, you can sell items that you no longer need but can be usable by other individuals.
- Customized Items: If you’re good at crafts, consider reshaping the items to something beautiful or customized jewelry. Online jewelry sale keeps increasing, and it can be a very convenient selling option. A great platform for this is Etsy. A great alternative to Etsy is LaunchCart.
- Digital Goods: Digital items like PDFs can be your selling option too. It can be on various topics like business ideas, essays, literary analysis, subjective questions, books, etc. Buyers in the education sector are no less, and you can have a profitable income.
In the beginning, things will be slow. It would help if you stuck to it to accelerate your income. After achieving a decent target, things will start to grow fast.
One of my friends, Sheetal, sells customized items and has been doing exceptionally well for the last few months.
Recommended read: How to Really Make $5,000 a Month from Home
5. Start a YouTube Channel
One of the best ways to make 10k dollars a month is through a YouTube Channel.
Building a YouTube channel that generates $10k monthly revenue, like blogging, takes a lot of hard work and consistency.
Getting to 10k dollars is even easier if you combine this method with sponsored videos, affiliate marketing, selling your own merchandise.
Once you reach the monthly amount of $1000, the next amount will follow soon — if you keep working hard towards that goal.
6. Become a Social Media Influencer
Khaby Lame, Marta Sierra, Celeste Barber, Dulceida, Kayla Itsines are all well-known names on social media, having millions of followers across the globe.
Do you know what they have in common?
They started from zero.
Building a huge social following eventually helped them transform their lives and earn millions just publishing sponsored posts or selling their own products on their social accounts.
Large organizations understand the benefits of collaborating through brand deals with people with a large following on socials. Even if they’re not famous actors or musicians.
In fact, many brands prefer to collaborate with influencers who were not famous before becoming popular on socials. Because most people can relate to and feel closer to them than to celebrities.
That’s the power of influencer marketing.
Building a social media presence is a good long-term strategy you can try if you want to earn a good amount money every month.
But since algorithms are unpredictable, it’s better to combine it with other methods such as blogging or freelancing.
Following this long-term path can really help you eventually make $10k a month – or even more.
Making 10k dollars a month is no piece of cake, but you can achieve it with dedication and hard work. The path will not be smooth, it won’t be quick, and you’ll need to face the thorns to face the sweet.
Here’s a quick recap of what we discussed in this article about the best ways to earn $10k a month.
- Start a Blog: Starting a blog and consistently working on content creation with authentic content is one of the best ways to earn online.
- Freelancing: A significant step towards a solid income plan is providing services and kickstarting your freelance career.
- Create an Online Course: You can share your experience and knowledge with the world and create an excellent gateway to earn well. Popular platforms like Teachable help you sell customized courses.
- Sell Items Online: Creating an e-commerce store on popular marketplaces like Shopify, Etsy, BlogCommerce, Amazon, etc., can help you take the first step towards earning 10k dollars per month.
- Start a YouTube Channel: Staring a YouTube channel and being consistent is another way to make 10k a month. Sponsorships and affiliate marketing are great ways to increase your YouTube income.
- Become a Social Media Influencer: You can be a social media influencer, and the best platforms to do it would be Instagram, Tiktok and Facebook.
It might all seem like a big path right at this moment, but taking the first step is essential.
Tasting success needs you to go through thick and thin. It will only knock at your door when you’re not ready to give up.
So, in what ways are you willing to adapt to start your journey toward making $10k a month?
Recommended read: 8 Highest Paying Plasma Donation Centers in the US