Daymond Garfield John is an American television personality, investor and businessman who has an impressive net worth of $350 million.
He was born in Brooklyn, New York on February 23, 1969.
When his parents separated when he was 10 years old, he started working. One of his first jobs involved handing out brochures for $2 per hour.
Later, he took part in a high school program that allowed him to work a full-time job and go to school on alternate weeks, which he believes gave him the entrepreneurial spirit he has now.
In April 2017, he was diagnosed Stage II thyroid carcinoma. So, in order to remove the malignant nodule, John underwent surgery successfully.
|Full Name:||Daymond Garfield John|
|Known As:||Daymond John|
|Born:||Brooklyn, New York – February 23, 1969|
|Occupation:||Businessman, TV personality|
|Net Worth:||$350 million|
Daymond John Net Worth and How He Achieved It
Daymond John net worth is $350 million, as of 2023.
John is the creator, president, and CEO of FUBU. He also participates in the ABC reality series Shark Tank as a judge since 2009. Not to mention, he is the founder of The Shark Group, a well-known agency based in New York City.
As per FUBU, John founded it in Hollis, Queens, at his mother’s house in 1992. John’s mother taught him to sew and supported him by allowing the company to use her home as it expanded.
This was when he originally got the idea for a clothing line for young men.
FUBU reached a yearly income of more than $350 million, just six years after its founding.
Since then, the brand’s appeal slowly diminished. However, FUBU has made more than $6 billion in sales globally so far.
Another interesting fact about John is he has put more than $8.5 million of his own money into “Shark Tank” companies.
The businessman has also written the following books:
- Display of Power,
- The Brand Within,
- The Power of Broke,
- Rise & Grind: Outperform, Outwork, and Outhustle Your Way to a More Successful and Rewarding Life.
In 2005, John served as executive producer of the movie “The Crow: Wicked Prayer.” Not to mention, he represents Shopify’s brand.
As of today, he is CEO of the previously mentioned consulting and brand management company, The Shark Group.
Also, he co-founded Daymond John’s Success Formula in 2015, a course that teaches business owners how to build their companies from the ground up.
All the businesses and activities mentioned so far largely contributed to Daymond John net worth.
Daymond John on Social Media
On Instagram, Daymond has 1.3 Million followers and he usually posts inspirational quotes and pictures of himself giving advice to his followers.
On Twitter, Daymond has 697.5K followers and he usually posts videos of his tv show and of himself giving lectures.
He also has a pretty large following on Facebook, with over 850K people following his account.
Also, on LinkedIn he has over 2 million followers and he earned the top voice badge.
Daymond John Quotes
- “If you go out there and start making noise and making sales – people will find you. Sales cure all. You can talk about how great your business plan is and how well you are going to do. You can make up your own opinions, but you cannot make up your own facts. Sales cure all.”
- “The only thing that scares me in the tech area is that it moves so fast that you have to be ready to invest in 20 things. Because if you just invest in one, next week, somebody has a better mousetrap, and you get taken to the cleaners.”
- “Fortunately, right now ‘entrepreneurship’ is one of the business world’s biggest buzzwords and so many young people in our country are looking up to this new generation of CEO’s as their modern day rock stars. Whenever you have that effect, it makes the job of promoting entrepreneurship much easier.”
Source: Brainy Quote
Key Takeaways from Daymond John Huge Success
Work hard towards your goals
Daymond had to start working from a really young age, since his parents divorced and he needed to support the family. He started doing little jobs and going to school as well. He said that this gave him the boost in entrepreneurship that served him throughout his life.
This shows us that we have to use even the bad things that happen in our life as a boost and use it as fuel to work hard on our goals.
Daymond is helping other entrepreneurs as well, by having an online training program for businessmen that is called Daymond on Demand. He also works with the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship and they offer a scholarship of $1,500 every year to the most motivated aspiring entrepreneurs.
This teaches us that once we have achieve our biggest goals, we don’t necessarily have to stop there. We can still mentor and help others become the best version of themselves and support them on their path to success.
- Dan Peña Net Worth and How He Became the Trillion Dollar Man
- Tony Robbins Net Worth and How He Built His Empire
- Ben Crump Net Worth and How He Built His Fortune
- Gary Keller Net Worth & How He Built His Empire
- Jamie Siminoff Net Worth and How He Built His Wealth
- Dave Portnoy Net Worth and How He Created His Online Empire
- Andrew Tate Net Worth and How He Built His Fortune